The five steps you have to carry out to implement LEAN in your enterprise are:
- Specify value from the standpoint of the end customer by product family.
- Identify all the steps in the value stream for each product family, eliminating whenever possible those steps that do not create value.
- Make the value-creating steps occur in tight sequence so the product will flow smoothly toward the customer.
- As flow is introduced, let customers pull value from the next upstream activity.
- As value is specified, value streams are identified, wasted steps are removed, and flow and pull are introduced, begin the process again and continue it until a state of perfection is reached in which perfect value is created with no waste.
And now I link you a youtube interview with James P. Womack, the author of The Machine That Changed the World and Lean Thinking.
5 Good Questions with Jim Womack
Another interesting interview with Womack:
Take the Value-Stream Walk: Presentation by Jim Womack
I love lean management! Congratulations for your post!